Friday, June 3, 2011

A New Challenger Enters the Ring!


It seems as if fighting games are in a revival of sorts. These are just the ones off the top of my head: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Blazblue Continuum Shift, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Tekken X Street Fighter, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition, and I'm pretty sure I've forgetten another half a dozen.

So Namco probably saw it as a good time to hop on the bandwagon and show off Soul Calibur V.

Apparently set 17 years after the events of Soul Calibur IV, looks like the tale of two swords continues on and brings in new fighters to the weapon based fighter.

Check out the E3 trailer after the jump which shows of some of the new characters and some new gameplay additions as well.




I wonder who the guest characters will be this time around. Maybe we'll get some console exclusives like in Soul Calibur II and not a Star Wars crossover. Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars, but I got my ass spanked by Starkiller and Yoda and haven't forgiven them yet.


Life lesson: Don't mess with people that ue lightsabers for combat.


Maybe it's time to brush up on my skills before this games 2012 release.....

No comments:

Post a Comment