Friday, March 18, 2011

Mortal Kombat or Wow I Suck at This

I wish I could get one of these sweet arcade cabinets!

Let me start off with saying I super suck at Mortal Kombat. Don't believe me? Let me put it into perspective for you guys. The only "special" move I knew was that down and heavy punch was uppercut and that doesn't work against Goro for very long. Me and my brother used to literally mash the buttons when "FINISH HIM" popped on the screen to see if one of us might accidentally punch in the fatality commands.

So, on of the first things I noticed about this one is that it has an in game command list. So I was actually able to pull special attacks and even an X-Ray move! And yet when I beat the guy I was fighting I still managed not to get the Fatality command right! I guess old habits die hard, huh?

Check out some gameplay after the jump. Remember though, this game is rated M so kids, you've been warned.



The game is smooth and pretty and doesn't shy away from the blood and gore. Fans of MK vs DC Universe should know this isn't your rated T for Teen affair. Mortal Kombat takes that M for Mature rating and embraces it like Mileena before she chews you face off. Your character will take cosmetic damage like bruises, torn clothes, black eyes, bloodied cuts, and so on. Characters and environments are rendered in full 3-D but the actual game is played strictly in 2-D. And you can tell just by looking at the game they spent a great deal of time on the stages and character models. Check it out:



Well, that's the best my camera could do. But, if you have a PS3 you can experience a taste of the full game now! The Mortal Kombat Demo is up! While it only has four selectable characters compared to the full 26 the game will boast it should be just enough to tingle your bloodthirsty appetite.

And for those of you not able to access the demo, here's the fatalities available in the demo. Remember NSFW and definitely M for Mature!



Mortal Kombat is expected to hit this spring on April 19.


Video Source: IGN

No comments:

Post a Comment