Monday, October 25, 2010

Money Well Spent?


Hey everyone. J.P. here with the latest news in the Gaming World. Well, word on the game cord is that Microsoft has spent $500 Million Dollars on the campaign for the Kinect. Now, I am sure that most of you know by now that Microsoft has increased their prices to Xbox Live. Well, now you see what that money will be going to. Yup. Making up for the lost money spent on this campaign. I am not saying anything bad about the Kinect, but that is a lot of money for a campaign about a motion system. The last time they spent this much money on any campaign, was when the first Xbox was released in 2000. I think the Kinect is a neat device but I don't think that they didn't need to spend that much money to advertise it. The E3 Convention pretty did all the advertising that was needed. Here it is from the E3 convention...


She has a Tiger named Skittles.... Skittles? Really?


This game would be fun kinda... maybe if you are pretty competitive with your friends...


The dance game is pretty neat but the Star Wars game will be AWESOME! I could just play that game for hours...


So you see, this is all the advertising they really needed. Not needing to waste all that money. Some of it was used to get on Oprah. You know what that means... I better get on Oprah so I can get a Kinect for FREE!

Well, I am off to try and figure out a way to get a free Kinect from Oprah. Until next time. Keep on Gaming.

2 comments:

  1. I'll go ahead and say something bad about the Kinect. I think in many ways, it's a sad game of catch up for Microsoft. Nintendo has had their recognition technology out for quite a while, and the Move has been in demo, and has rolled out. How many consumers have actually had experience with the Kinect? I will say that Microsoft is leaning more towards the Kinect being an overall master control, as opposed to just a gaming peripheral, but as far as gaming, what good is a controller that limits your in game movement to the room you're in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is anyone else here freaked out by the cover of Kinectimals?

    ReplyDelete